Food Wave Live: Empowering Urban Youth for Climate Action
Are you motivated to change the world of food? Would you like to discover more on how to build a sustainable food system while meeting with like-minded people from all over the world? Then we invite you to come to Food Wave Live on October 1st!
Catch the wave, lead the change
On October 1, Food Wave Live will take place at the Floriade Expo in Almere. This event will be a great opportunity to learn more about what is happening in the field of food. At Food Wave Live you will have the opportunity to learn from inspiring speakers and get to know other food and climate activists.
Food Wave Live is organized by Flevo Campus and Food Wave, a European partnership that connects young people to take action for the climate. Food Wave has the aim to create awareness on sustainable ways to consume and produce food for climate change mitigation and to engage young people to involve their communities and to influence institutional decisions, so they can lead us to a sustainable global food system by 2030. Registration for Food Wave Live is open now.
Food Wave Live
We are looking for young climate activists, impact makers and food changers who want to lead the change in fair and sustainable global food systems to contribute to a better food future. Do you want to share your ideas, knowledge and experience with other young, motivated people from all over the world? Are you passionate about starting a food transition together? Read everything about Food Wave Live here and sign up directly. Registration is free but required and includes free access to Floriade Expo 2022!
- 12:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Walk-in
- 12:30 a.m. – 13:30 p.m. | Opening and welcome
- 13:15 a.m. – 13:35 p.m. | Keynote by Yanna Hoek (Young Innovators Program/Climate KIC): An inspiring keynote on Food Transition and offering tools and skills which can lead to systemic innovation.
- 13:35 a.m. – 13:55 p.m. | TBA
- 13:55 a.m. – 14:20 p.m. | The Young Generation Represent: 4 TedX-style talks by inspiring food changemakers with Iona Mulder (The Good Spice) and others.
- 14:20 a.m. – 14:40 p.m. | Food Talk with Lelani Lewis: How can you make an impact yourself? Ask your questions to true changemakers
- 14:50 a.m. – 15:30 p.m. | Youth Food March with Almere Brass Band
- 15:30 a.m. – 17:00 p.m. | Networking and drinks
More information is available on www.flevocampus.nl.