Green Cities Conference 29 June at Floriade Expo 2022
From European, national and urban goals to their realisation in practice: how can we use green cities to contribute to SDGs, the Green Deal, and other climate and livability goals? During this conference, we will briefly look at the scientifically proven effects of trees and plants on heat, water, health, air quality and biodiversity. Then, various institutions and companies will present us with progressive, but feasible and realised example projects. The aim of the conference is to clearly outline the task and then to inspire with concrete, proven solutions.
- Date and time: 29 June, 9.30 a.m. – 2.30 p.m.
- Location: Congress Pavilion, Floriade Expo 2022, Amsterdam – Almere.
- Parking: VIP parking at Kiss & Ride parking near Weerwater Entrance. Arboretum West 98, 1324 ZZ Almere, the Netherlands.
Please note: Registration is mandatory. Unfortunately, the registration period has expired. Visit the website www.uk.thegreencities.eu for more information.
Programme Green Cities Conference
09.30 – 10.00 – Welcome (a drink with small pastry)
- Chairman of ENA – Henk Raaijmakers • Chairman of the day – Kim Coppes
10.00 – 10.15 – Kick-off
10.15 – 11.45 – The added value of green, diverse and scientifically proven
- Heat reduction & Air quality – dr.ir. J.A. (Jelle) Hiemstra, Senior scientist Trees en Urban Green, Wageningen University & Research
- Water management and Food – drs. M.B.M. (Marc) Ravesloot, Senior scientist Agrosystems science, Wageningen University & Research
- Health end Learning and work performance – dr. J. (Jolanda) Maas, Associate professor Faculty of Behavioural and Movement Sciences, VU Amsterdam
- Value of green in (social) living enviroment – dr. J.E.M. (Judith) Klostermann Researcher Policy Processes, Wageningen University & Research
- Biodiversity – Karin Albers, Ecologist, Naturio
11.45 – 12.15 – Break (a sandwich and a drink)
12.15 – 14.15 – The added value of green, applicable everywhere
- Introduction – Franc van der Steen
- MT Member Nature and Society at Ministry of LNV (Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality)
- Growing trees where it seems impossible – Pieter van den Berk General manager, Van den Berk Boomkwekerijen
- Green against walls and on roofs, inside and outside – Annelies Kieboom Marketing director, Mobilane
- Endless flowering for a biodiversity boost – Paul Weidema Project manager, Stadswerk072 Alkmaar
- Green returns on the most expensive real estate area in the world -Hannah Roberts and Sandra Dilberovska – Except Integrated sustainability
- The ‘Green as a Service’ model for quality, financing and cooperation – Ron Kervezee Program leader Zero Emission Citydistribution, Municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn
- Leading green concepts that create impact and generate money – Emiel Swinnen Associate, Delva Landscape Architecture and Urbanism. Architect of the year 2021
14.15 – 14.30 – Wind-up by Kim Coppes and end of the programme
Credits photo: André Prins