"Japan National Day" September 7th at Floriade Expo 2022 in Almere
Promoting Japanese flower culture in the Netherlands for the International Horticultural Exposition to be held in Yokohama in 2027
At the 2022 International Horticultural Expo in Almere “Japan National Day” will be held on Wednesday, September 7, 2022, followed by a “Japan Festival” on September 8 and 9.
National day of Japan and the Japan Festival
On September 7 (Wednesday) of the Expo, “Japan Day” will be celebrated at Floriade to promote Japan in cooperation with related parties such as flower and landscaping businesses. For three days from this day to September 9th various events such as the “Japan Festival” will be held to disseminate traditional Japanese culture. In addition, Japan promotes the International Horticultural Exposition to be held in Yokohama Japan in 2027 (International Horticultural Exposition 2027).
Programme Japan National Day 7 September
- Greetings from representatives of both countries, promotion for the International Horticultural Exposition 2027 by Yokohama City, and flower arrangement art performances.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:25 a.m. at the Main Stage
Business Opinion Exchange Meeting with flower and landscaping businesses
- 12:35 a.m. – 1:55 p.m. at Food Forum
Hanaike Flower arrangement battle
- A tournament-style flower arrangement battle will be held between Japanese and Dutch flower arrangers and flower artists.
- 14:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Main stage
The main exhibition at the Japan Exhibition Hall of the Satoyama Farm Garden will be held by the International Horticultural Exposition Association 2027 and the city of Yokohama. Along with the waterside urban landscape, the exhibition is based on the landscape of Yokohama, where the world’s unique gardens are unfolding in the rich nature of the suburbs. The ikebana exhibition is an exhibition by the Ohara school and expresses the image of the majestic mountains that can be seen in the distance. In addition, flower arrangements, bonsai, and Japanese cut flowers are exhibited.
Programme Japan Festival September 8th and 9th
The following events will be held at the Japanese garden in the Japanese exhibition.
Traditional Japanese games (Kendama, Koma, Calligraphy)
- Thursday 8th and Friday 9th at 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Japanese Drum Workshop
- Thursday 8th and Friday 9th starting at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. (30 minutes each)
Tree pruning performance
- Thursday 8th starting at 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. (30 minutes each)