Visitors with disabilities
To ensure that everyone can enjoy greenery, the Floriade Park is as accessible as possible. On this page you will find all information about facilities and accessibility for visitors with disabilities. More information will follow as soon as possible.
- The footpaths of Floriade Park are accessible to everyone, including people in wheelchairs, walkers and mobility scooters.
- Furthermore, the maximum slopes at Floriade are 2% so that they are easily accessible.
- The cable car is accessible with a wheelchair, walker or mobility scooter.
- Most pavilions at Floriade Park are fully accessible to everyone. Upper floors of most pavilions and restaurants are accessible with a wheelchair, walker or mobility scooter via a stairlift.
- All stages have wheelchair spaces and space for escorts.
- Lockers, railings and other facilities have been placed at wheelchair height wherever possible.
At various places in the Floriade Park you will find toilets for visitors with disabilities. There are 2 toilet groups with a patient lift and changing table:
- In the south of Floriade Park (Hortus Avenue), near the convention centre. View the location here.
- In the north of Floriade Park (Green Island), near the foodtrucks, at location 19/25. View the location here.
- View all toilet locations on the map here.
Floriade train in the park
The last wagon of the train ‘the Floriade Explorer‘ at the Floriade grounds is accessible to people with a physical disability. Board the train and let yourself be taken along all the highlights of the park in comfort.
Blind and visually impaired
The routes to the pavilions and facilities at Floriade Park are marked with guide lines for the blind and visually impaired. More information about facilities for the blind and visually impaired will follow shortly.
Assistance and guide dogs
Pets are not allowed at Floriade, but assistance and guide dogs are welcome. They are allowed in all shops, restaurants, pavilions and in the cable car. Assistance dogs and guide dogs must be clearly recognisable with a vest.
Parking spaces have been reserved for visitors with disabilities near the entrance to the Floriade Park. Are you in possession of a disability parking card? If so, you may use these special parking spaces. Due to limited availability, we advise you to buy your parking ticket in advance. Buy your parking ticket here.
Please note: for these parking spaces, you must present a valid parking ticket (for visitors with disabilities) and a European Disabled Parking Card.
Floriade Expo 2022 can also be reached by public transport. From the station Almere Centrum there is a shuttle bus to the entrance of the Expo. The boat from the Esplanade to Floriade is not accessible for visitors with disabilities yet.
Would you like to know more about how to reach Floriade Expo 2022 by public transport? Read more here.
Borrowing a wheelchair
Wheelchairs are available to borrow free of charge at Floriade. However, the number of borrowable wheelchairs is limited, so we recommend you to bring your own wheelchair if possible.
You are welcome at Floriade Expo 2022 with a mobility scooter. We do ask you to drive slowly (maximum 5 km per hour) and to be considerate of other visitors to the Expo in order to reduce the risk of accidents.
Do you have a question? We are happy to help. Send us a message using the contact form, or call us on the telephone number +31 (0)36 20 48 258. The Contact Centre is available daily from 8.30 a.m. to 7 p.m.